Thursday 26 April 2012

Salman Khan ignoring Arjun Kapoor?

Salman Khan might be the reason behind Arjun Kapoor's entry to Bollywood, but the actor recently refused to promote the newcomer's debut venture Ishaqzaade on Twitter, according to reports. “Arjun always wanted to become a director. Salman Khan kept observing Arjun on the sets of the 2009 hit Wanted, in which he was an assistant producer. Salman strongly felt that he saw an actor in Arjun Kapoor. He sat down with Arjun and said he shouldn’t waste more time learning direction and production, and should work towards becoming an actor,” says a source.
Arjun apparently had no inclination towards becoming an actor, but Salman’s confidence and motivation urged him to take that route. “Salman helped the boy lose weight and discover the actor within him. Then, he personally taught him and guided him. In fact, his diet, his exercise routine and everything was monitored by Khan himself,” adds the source. Arjun lost all the weight in three years before he started shooting for the film last year.
“Salman is my elder brother. Once, long back, he had told me that he thought I was cut out for acting, and should try my hand in it. That time, I was really obese (140 kg), and couldn’t imagine myself as an actor. Salman literally took me under his wings. I travelled with him for almost two years while he was working on Veer and Wanted, and worked out with him. He believed in me and that’s why I am here today,” Arjun told HT.
The 26-year-old son of filmmak+er Boney Kapoor is all excited and pepped up about his foray in the industry with the much talked about film, Ishaqzaade, where he is paired opposite actor Parineeti Chopra. “I know there are huge expectations from me, but I am at ease with it. It’s like I am waiting for the exam, and I am confident about my preparation. Right now, my aim is to be a good actor. I want people to watch our film,” says Arjun.

No comments:

Post a Comment